- We’re getting closer to launch day! It is amazing the amount of work that goes into marketing a book – beyond the expected proofreading and editing. I often wonder what Jane Austen or Arthur Conan Doyle would have thought about the blogs and tweets, e-readers and websites that every author now counts as necessities? Would Holden Caulfield have been the same symbol of teenage angst if he’d also been the subject of an online bookclub?
- I get distracted by shiny things – I received a gift this weekend from a friend to celebrate my book being published. It was pretty & sparkly and came in a light blue box. I have the best friends in the entire world.
- Cut to 15 years later – I attended my 15th year Law School reunion this weekend and it was such a good time! It was amazing to hear about the babies born during those years who are now in high school, or the grade-school children of my classmates who are now married! Where does the time go?
- Movie Update– This is my favorite time of the year movie-wise, when all of the Oscar contenders come out of the woodwork. In the next few weeks alone, I can’t wait to see the following:
- Trouble with the Curve
- Won’t Back Down
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Sneak Preview – Finally, I’m going to leave you with one very quick line from my book. It is just a random sentence and won’t spoil any of the storyline, but honestly, it makes me giggle. I hope it makes you giggle, too.
“Caryn grabbed my right hand between both of hers and began pumping like she was Annie Sullivan and I’d just discovered the word for water.”