I know I promised a new blog post once a week for the rest of the year, but I wasn’t expecting a week like the one I just had in real life. Nothing bad, just a lot of commitments pulling me in a number of different directions.
So, I hope you don’t mind that I’m going to cheat and just give you a running commentary on the last week. I promise to have a full post for you next time!
Laura’s Week in Review:
- My day job has been pretty busy, and I was out of town for three days which meant very limited blogging time.
- I finished 4000 words on the second book. At least 15 of them don’t suck.
- As I mentioned here, Next Year I’ll be Perfect was re-issued as an Amazon Encore title on Tuesday. Very, very cool, but it required updates to all of my social media outlets and some additional marketing.
- I have 100 pages left to finish in my book club’s book, “Pilgrim at Tinker Creek” before we meet on Tuesday. If anyone wants to tell me how it ends, that would be ok.
- I washed that gray right out of my hair.
- I did a lot of prep work getting ready to guest teach for my nephew’s 6th grade class on Tuesday, but I’m going to tell you about that experience in its entirety next week. (PS – “terror” is not too strong a word for the emotion I’m feeling at the prospect…)
- I worked incredibly hard to avoid all things Kardashian on the internet.
- I spent a day crafting at a girlfriend’s house and made this:
You probably can’t tell from the picture, but the snowflakes are made from glitter paper, which leads me to my thought for the day:
When life feels out of control, reach for the glitter.