Somehow the month of October just passed me by. I can’t believe I only posted two blog entries during the entire month. Shameful! In all fairness, though, it was a very busy time:
- I had to travel out of state for work on three separate occasions;
- I had my wonderful vacation to Nantucket; and
- I turned 39 years old which required climbing under my bed and rocking in the fetal position for large portions of the month.
Luckily, October is over, November is here and I have a few writing updates to share.
1. An agent expressed some interest in my novel. (Hurray!) Now, before you run to amazon.com and try to purchase a copy, let me repeat that she showed “some” interest. She is not interested in representing me at the moment, but she said I have “great instincts for storytelling (voice, plot, dialog)” and that if I make a few edits and lose some of the narrative and backstory in the first chapter that I could have a “winning manuscript” that she would be “more than happy” to read if I resubmit it to her. Now all I need is 2-3 extra hours in a day to make those edits and I’ll be all set!
2. I hosted a reunion last night for the attendees of the Stonecoast Writers Conference I went to this summer and we had such a nice time! It was great to connect with the people I met over the summer and to meet a few more that I hadn’t had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with until last night. It is amazing how excited I get about my own writing when I’m around others who enjoy the same thing. I don’t know why it still surprises me every time!